Since opening in 1997, the motto "Education is the beginning of Success" laid the foundation on which the Massage Institute of Cleveland incorporates its standards of excellence. Family owned and operated, the institute, formerly the East Tennessee school of Massage Therapy, is the oldest continuously operating massage therapy school in East Tennessee.
Students from all backgrounds and varying education levels enroll in pursuit of changing or starting their career path, continuing their expertise in the health and services field, or to gain knowledge in order to open their own business.
Now located in a spacious new facility at 201 Keith Street SW , Suite 56, owner/operator
Lela offers an intensive 24-week program which emphasizes a
career-facilitated curriculum. The portfolio of courses include:
• Anatomy and Pathology
• Neuromuscular Therapies
• Reflexology and Spa Treatments
• Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage
• Ethics and Business Management
• Medical Terminology
Grab Our Student Handbook HERE!
Job placement assistance coupled with a very reasonable tuition. The total cost of tuition and fees come to $3,600, easy payment options, and student loans make starting a new career easy and exciting. We are also VA approved for Military Veterans. For detailed job placement information, please visit https://www.tn.gov/thec and click on Authorized Institutions Data.
The Massage Institute of Cleveland offers certification to fit your schedule:
• The Massage Therapy course is an evening course that meets 5pm - 10pm Monday through Thursday, and six hours during the week for student clinic and other practical events. Students do not start clinic until after the third month. Clinical hours will be from 2-5pm. Courses are offered four times a year.
• The same course is also available as a daytime class offered twice a year. Class hours are 10am - 2pm Monday through Thursday, and six hours a week for student clinic and other practical events.